My favorite part about raising support = having an excuse to meet with people.
Taking on a leadership role in InterVarsity took my relationships with people to a deeper level. God wasn't just helping me gain more leadership skills to learn how to apply them. I discovered who people really were and was learning to care about where they've come from and where they were going. I learned that leadership wasn't about gaining power, being completely adequate, or having things always go my way. The reality of my leadership became a repeating process of submitting myself to God's lead, relinquishing my power, accepting my identity in Christ, and breaking my heart for the things His heart breaks for.
Meeting with people helped me begin to see the potential of what God could do in each person's life, and that the possibilities were beyond my imagination. I'd get excited just thinking about it!
Talking with each one of you gives me the chance to see a glimpse of what God is doing in your life and allows me to participate in His work through you. My goal is not only to invite you to be a part of what God is doing in my life and through my life, but also to see how I can support you and partner with you in the ways God is calling you to serve Him. Your kingdom work is just as important as mine because it is all for the glory of God.
For those of you with whom I've met with/talked with already, thank you for the privilege of sharing your life with me. You have provided the opportunity to remind me of how big our God really is, and how He works in awesome and creative ways. Most of you have made me laugh, encouraged me tremendously, gotten me all excited about where God is leading you, and you've made my days that much brighter. I'm not trying to be cheesy, I'm being totally serious!
Here are some of my goals throughout this process of building a support team, to the best of my knowledge, ability and power through Christ:
- To make myself as readily available and accessible to you for prayer and any kind of support.
- To encourage you and remind you that you are worthy to be heard, known, and loved because of who God is.
- To be in tune with what God may be saying to you through me as well as what He may be saying to me through you.
And forgive me if I fail to accomplish these goals - I am trying to remain in a posture of learning and sometimes just need some time, a little extra help, or some grace.
No comments:
Post a Comment