Isaiah
44: 8-“…You are my witnesses! Is
there any god besides me? There is
no other rock; I know not one.” The
authenticity of our witness is based in who we understand God to be.
Pray
that as we grow in insight and revelation, our witness would be empowered. That nothing would douse the flame that
lives in our hearts.
From
Cook/Douglass:
I
just wanted to say that I have been blown away by the power of our prayer
campaign this month. I decided when the month began that I would make a
concerted effort to send out an email every day, regardless of what I was doing.
I also decided that as often as I could I would send a specific request for
Cook/Douglass. I've done both of these things in the past, but was never super
faithful in sending the requests out each day, and often failed to include
specific requests for my chapter.
All
I can say is that I am amazed at the response we have seen. Despite the snow
canceling numerous meetings, small groups and large groups, we continue to see
new people EVERY week at large group, small groups are thriving (we currently
have 8, with one or two GIGs starting after our big justice outreach event in
March) and we are seeing our CORE growing and stepping up. We have seen at least
2 people make first time decisions to follow Jesus, and many other students
desiring to go deeper in their faith. Students are inviting friends, roommates,
people in their classes, to small and large groups. They want to learn how to
study the Bible for themselves and be able to talk about it with their peers.
They regularly eat together during the week, and invite others to join them. I
am seeing their heart for the poor and oppressed growing, and a stronger desire
for justice developing.
From
Clarkson/Potsdam:
Yesterday
we were thrilled to guide over 50 students at SUNY Potsdam through the Satisfied
Proxe Station, with over 20 requesting follow-up. Today we are on track to
exceed that number.
Last
week I mentioned our goal was to bring at least 120 students through the Proxe
Station this week with at least 60 follow-up requests. We now see our
faith was way too small. By the end of today we are likely to be very
close to reaching that goal and we still have another two full days left!
No comments:
Post a Comment