Friday, February 28, 2014

February prayer: Day 24

Yesterday, we prayed for Travis as he made an invitation to faith at Montclair State University.  This is what Travis reports:

Jesus Christ came to seek and save the lost. And tonight at our meeting, Jessica expressed her desire to be found. We met Jessica toward the end of last semester. She didn't know why, but she wanted to learn more about God. This semester, she engaged with our group and attended our meetings, wrestling with the idea of God and the identity of Jesus.
Last week, she shared with me that she really wanted to believe in Jesus. But she was unsure:
"I mean, I believe in God. But I believe that each religion is kind of right. All these things lead to God" she said.

After hearing her out, I asked if I could share what I believe. I shared that her current view operates on an assumption and has a very frightening implication:

The assumption supporting this view is that God has not reached out to man at all. That God is distant and that it’s man doing all of the reaching.
The implication is that God has just created mankind and left us in the dark. God is just floating around while we experience death, war, violence, abuse, and famine. And this God has left us in the dark to do the reaching on our own. A god that would do that is not worth finding. That god is not worth my time, my worship, or my life.

Last week, she had to think about that as it was a lot to take in. Tonight, I gave a Gospel message and a careful invitation. When it came time for the response, she bravely stood up in front of everyone so that all could celebrate her decision to move from spiritual death to spiritual life!
Afterward while we were talking, I asked about her decision. She pointed to how I illustrated Eph 2:8-9 and said, "You mentioned this new life was a free gift. That I can just come to Jesus. Well, I really wanted that."
She still has some doubts which she says are largely based in her lack of knowledge of the Bible. But she knows she wants what Jesus has to offer.

Praise God!  Please join us as we continue to pray for 7 more turns toward Jesus this week.

Isaiah 2:5-“O house of Jacob, come, let us walk in the light of the Lord!”  The cold, darkness of winter will come to an end soon.  Light always dispels darkness.  Light     a l w a y s  wins.  ALL WAYS.  When a believer-- a Christ-bearer-- walks into any room, the room should light up!  Lord makes us to reflect your glory, dispel our own darkness, help us to walk in your light that we might help others find their way out of the dark corners they are hiding in.

No comments:

Post a Comment